3.9.08

Not just black and white


















Check out my friend Russ' sculptures.  He works as a model maker for an architecture firm and has consequently started making these strange but amazing things.  He makes them for friends but i'm trying to encourage him to do more with them.  They just keep getting better and better...he tried explaining the process to me other day and i was completely lost but i got as far as each slither of card is made and cut individually and by hand.  The pictures don't do them justice Russell, sort it out.  

3 comments:

wwwussell said...

haha...it's hard to take pictures of them! I think you need to see them to fully appreciate the form. I took some better shots last weekend so when I get a minute...

Simone said...

I like this - does Russell have a website with pictures of these on? This looks like an elegant 'other'(worldly) carcass, fossil or model for some future system.

Eccabin said...

no he hasn't but i'm trying to get him to do a blog at least... good description. I'm sure theres a place for them somewhere..